Skip to main content

Getting back to basics.

It has been, without a doubt, a challenging summer here so far. Oh, we're all healthy and happy, etc., except for one thing.

We kill appliances.

First, the hot water heater thought it required intensive care i.e. a new element. That necessitated several service calls before it was fixed.

Then the fan motor on our water source heat pump went out. A week later. In the middle of hot, humid, mid-summer Mid-Missouri. Within the first 2 hours of the first visit with the second company we consulted, we had a fan motor ordered and a deal made. They came out, installed and we've been good to go since Monday.

Did I forget to mention the dead dryer? That gave it up the day before Jim left for a 9-day backpacking trip in CO. The replacement "is on the way in 5-7 days" so Jim put a clothesline up for me yesterday and I used it for the first time today.

Now I feel all earthmothery and slightly crunchy, which isn't a bad way to feel at all. I just didn't know a clothesline would be the thing to do it for me. The one thing I couldn't figure out, though, was how Barbara Billingsly could do this wearing heels?

Comments

Meghann said…
Welcome to the dark side. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!
Jim L said…
I think you minimized the saga of the appliances! Stove, water heater (running on one element for weeks), A/C out for almost a month, and THEN the dryer...We have gremlins!

Popular posts from this blog

All my bags are packed....

We'll be taking off from here in about 15 minutes. I've been spending my morning reading all the good thoughts and well-wishes from friends in the ether; I am overwhelmed and thankful for everyone. Your prayers and penguins make me feel very loved and empowered! I will update as I am able (what kind of blogger goes to the hospital and leaves her netbook at home, I ask? lol ) but for now, it's kick off time for Operation Kick Cancer's Ass!   See you guys on the flipside.