Skip to main content

Back to School

So, huh. It'll be October in just a few hours and just today I realized that it's been several months since I've posted. The summer flew by and I'm still wondering where it went, even though I know the answer to that question, anyway.

My absence initially coincided with the flurry that was summer semester, the eight weeks of chaining myself to a widely varied number of nursing textbooks. Summer classes ended in early August so I began my "summer vacation" later than everyone else in the house. Now it's time to prepare myself for the grind that will be the remainder of my Associates Degree in Nursing program. I'm anxious to get started but also wary of what I'll become once classes begin. This summer was lost to the books. I spent easily 5-6 hours a day studying, sandwiched in between hour-long jaunts to my parents' pool to cool off with the kids.

So, now it's time to gear up for October 20, when I start the remainder of my Associates Degree in Nursing program. Finally. The air is beginning to feel crisp at predictable times of day so I know it's time and I feel expectant but nervous. Time to dust off the backpack, gather my supplies and make sure the clinical uniforms are in good shape.

It's time to get back to work, thank goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my bags are packed....

We'll be taking off from here in about 15 minutes. I've been spending my morning reading all the good thoughts and well-wishes from friends in the ether; I am overwhelmed and thankful for everyone. Your prayers and penguins make me feel very loved and empowered! I will update as I am able (what kind of blogger goes to the hospital and leaves her netbook at home, I ask? lol ) but for now, it's kick off time for Operation Kick Cancer's Ass!   See you guys on the flipside.

A rather timely find

I'm not sure who originally wrote this, but it was posted on my fave message board and I found it to be a rather timely piece and quite funny, considering my mood of late. Dear Mr. Thatcher, I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or Salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your Revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants. Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can al