Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

A rather timely find

I'm not sure who originally wrote this, but it was posted on my fave message board and I found it to be a rather timely piece and quite funny, considering my mood of late. Dear Mr. Thatcher, I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or Salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your Revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants. Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can al

What - a post from me???!

Look - New! Improved! page template. Only the 3rd one I've used with only 5 posts to show for the entire blog. I keep thinking that one of these days I'm going to write my own template (if Blogger allows that?) but then I also think I'm going to post on this damned thing, so there you go. At any rate, this particular template was inspired by my friend Shannon 's latest post about her trip to Outer Banks, NC. Looks like a great place, glad they had a good time. Today I finished reading, or in my husband's language, obsessing, about a new blog I discovered just a few days ago. Julie is funny, smart, insightful, and knows how to swear with such expertise that puts me, a champion pottymouth, to shame. Julie and her husband Paul have navigated the waters of infertility, ART, and raising a preemie son with grace, humor and aplomb. Can't wait to read more. Life goes on here. We had a parenting shake-up earlier in the summer resulting in my ducklings coming home to ro