Skip to main content

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Good day. Woke up late, thought it was 8ish judging from the fullness of my bladder (confession: it's a rare night when the necessity to void rears it's ugly head later than 2am) but when I came upstairs and Morgann was already sitting in front of our kitchen kiosk. I thought *she* was up unusually early until I noticed the clock above her head, which read 10:21am.

The younger monkeys were at their dad's this weekend, so it was me, Jim and Morgann in the house by ourselves today and it was really good. We all worked on housework which forced the issue of when I was going to clean off my very neglected desk (it looks so much better now), and then Morgann and Jim went futon shopping. This is actually a big occurrence in our household because it means Morgann has decided that she is going to be here for a while. And while I'm somewhat mourning the loss of my Office, I am glad that she has decided to be a fulltime member of the family - a long-overdue decision, to be sure. At least in mine and her father's opinion. Morgann is fitting well into family traditions as well as helping to create her own, in essence creating her own niche in the family. Tonight I was able to join her in watching a little bit of Transformers, a present for being hired at our local publisher (starting Monday, November 5!). It was fun.

Did I say I was going to write sbout an ambition today? Hmm, I shall write about it tomorrow. Until then....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rather timely find

I'm not sure who originally wrote this, but it was posted on my fave message board and I found it to be a rather timely piece and quite funny, considering my mood of late. Dear Mr. Thatcher, I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or Salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your Revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants. Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can al