Skip to main content

What - a post from me???!

Look - New! Improved! page template. Only the 3rd one I've used with only 5 posts to show for the entire blog. I keep thinking that one of these days I'm going to write my own template (if Blogger allows that?) but then I also think I'm going to post on this damned thing, so there you go. At any rate, this particular template was inspired by my friend Shannon's latest post about her trip to Outer Banks, NC. Looks like a great place, glad they had a good time.

Today I finished reading, or in my husband's language, obsessing, about a new blog I discovered just a few days ago. Julie is funny, smart, insightful, and knows how to swear with such expertise that puts me, a champion pottymouth, to shame. Julie and her husband Paul have navigated the waters of infertility, ART, and raising a preemie son with grace, humor and aplomb. Can't wait to read more.

Life goes on here. We had a parenting shake-up earlier in the summer resulting in my ducklings coming home to roost permanently as opposed to the 3-week flip-flops from here to the other pond that was our existence for the previous 5 or 6 years. Now we are the "Live with Mom, every other weekend with dad" cliche'. A little shocking at first for the adults in this house, but the kids knew (and had adjusted to the idea already) before Jim and I were approached with it. There was very little adjustment period, to speak of, and it seems now that it has always been this way. The 3-week periods without the kids are a distant memory now. For the most part. :)

One of the bigger blessings in this has been having the ability to decide unilaterally where the kids will attend school in the fall. Took all of 3 seconds deliberation. Really. Back to my elementary alma mater (as well as my mother's) they go and thank God for that. So long, public school. They start on August 20, which day will see me driving them to school a maudlin, slobbery mess. I'm nothing if not sentimental.

In other news: Work's been a pain but it beats being unemployed. The overtime will quite handily pay for any present or future haircolor I (may) need. Soon. (Saves having to setup a paypal account for donations, wouldn't you say? ) We've all been on edge at the office but hopefully in a few more weeks it'll be a much more relaxed environment. Miracles can happen, you know. And I could lose 50 more pounds by the next girlfriend's weekend, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rather timely find

I'm not sure who originally wrote this, but it was posted on my fave message board and I found it to be a rather timely piece and quite funny, considering my mood of late. Dear Mr. Thatcher, I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or Salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your Revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants. Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can al